T1D Club Frequently Asked Questions
- Is T1D Club a legitimate place to buy items?
- Yes. We are a family run website that works together to count, sort, and ship your T1D merchandize. We do not share your contact information and all money transactions are done securely through the Shopify Transaction or Paypal.
- Who and when were you diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes?
- Our oldest daughter, Gracie, was diagnosed in July 2014 with Type 1 Diabetes a few days before her 9th birthday.
- Who are you?
- We are the Braithwaite Family. Our oldest daughter was diagnosed on July 1, 2014. We have 5 children, 1 dog, and 2 parents. Together our whole family has embraced T1D and we love to share and bring awareness to Type 1 Diabetes all over the entire world! This is our attempt at a selfie photoshoot with the dog, baby, & toddler. We love to have fun!
- How do you manage with Type 1 Diabetes?
- Gracie has a bag full of cool technology to help manage her T1D.
- Tandem Tslim Insulin Pump
- Insulin Pump Site (connecting to her skin)
- Pediatric Dexcom with Share 2
- Dexcom Site (connecting to her skin)
- Nightscout Rig (decorated with T1D Club Stickers)
- Android Uploader Phone connected to Nightscout
- Nightscout Heroku App (DIY project to monitor BG in the cloud)
- Pebble Watch
- Glucose for lows (favorite is skittles)
- Glucose gel more emergency lows
- Glucagon for extreme emergencies!
- and lip gloss of course!
- How do you manage with Type 1 Diabetes while Gracie is at school?
- Our #1 Priority is helping Gracie to be a "normal" kid at school while managing and transitioning to her independence with T1D.
- Read more on this blog post:
T1D Club Super Hero Power Supplies
Are you a business?
- No, we are just a family (with uber nerd skills) trying to share our talents with other T1D families and friends.
Who designed the stickers, magnets, window decals, patches, and temporary tattoo?
- I, Jamie Braithwaite, designed all of these products to help my Type 1 Diabetic daughter clearly display on her medical devices. Feel free to modify and use the designs however you wish.
What restrictions are there with the use of this artwork?
- All the original artwork created by myself is published under the cc0 license without any restrictions.
- Where are the products printed?
Can I print my own stickers, patches, tattoos, window decals?
- Yup, go ahead. But first read the question below.
Why are you selling them?
- With most printing projects, buying in bulk brings the price down. I’m designing, ordering, and selling the stickers and patches as a service which is ultimately cheaper than individuals getting their own stickers printed. I have already placed an order with the above suppliers so when I restock I am not charged the design or setup fee. But if you want to print your own stickers go ahead! The lowest number per package of products to be ordered is usually 50 per pack. If you would like to order 50+ stickers please email me at email@example.com. I can reprint my current stickers and get you the bulk inventory discount when I restock with no additional design and setup fees. The money saved will go directly to Nightscout Foundation, JDRF, or other similar Type 1 diabetes, non-profit organizations.
- Source Files: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/360013/T1DclubStickers/T1DclubStickers.zip
Why did you start making the stickers and patches?
- I wanted stickers and patches for my own daughter. If her rig, pump, dexcom, finger poker, and glucose were to ever be lost or stolen, I wanted it to be clear it was a medical device. I could not find any similar product being sold, so I designed and ordered the first batch myself.
Are you making a profit?
- No. Right now most of that small income is going into new orders and sticker designs, as well as shipping and handling of the current inventory. If at any time this project does produce a profit, the excess money will be donated to Nightscout, JDRF, or other similar type 1 diabetic, non-profit organizations.
How long does it take to receive stickers?
- We try our best to ship them out a few days after we get the order. Every envelope is stuffed with care by our family.
Contact me if you have any questions.